Who should attend?
Ensure that all staff are prepared should a fire occur in your business workplace, this course is aimed at teaching delegates the correct practices to follow in an emergency.
Course Aims & Objectives
The aim of this course is to raise awareness of the risks posed by fire and the arrangements required in all workplaces to eliminate or reduce the risks that fire presents. It also covers the key roles and responsibilities of the Fire Warden/ Fire Marshal.
- Why they need to know about fire
- Key fire Safety Legislation
- The nature of fire
- Fire safety legislation
- The basics components of fire
- The common causes of fire
- The stages of fire
- The spread of fire
- Fire classification
- Fire prevention and the prevention of fire spread
- Fire extinguishers
- Fire risk assessment
- Fire safety arrangements
- The key roles and responsibilities of the fire warden (fire marshal)
On completion of the course and successfully passing the required testing, the delegates are awarded a certificate that complies with the recommendations of the Health and Safety commission approved code of practice.
We can offer courses on your company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates per course.