Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who is required to use an Overhead Crane in their daily working duties.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to give delegates the skills required to safely operate a Pendant Crane. It covers the Law, maintenance of the crane and manual checks to ensure safety.
By the end of the course delegates will:
· Have a thorough understanding of how to successfully control and operate the Machine
· Be able to inspect the vehicle to ensure safe use
· Understand all the regulations required to ensure safety in the workplace
· Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
· Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
· Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
· Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
· Features and Safety Equipment
· Crane Inspection and Maintenance
· Correct Use of Controls
· Lift Planning
· Operating the Crane (handling the load, size of the load, attaching and moving the load)
· Weight Assessment and Truck Stability
· Understanding of Hand Signals
· Theory and Practical Testing
On completion of the course and successfully passing the theory and practical test, the delegates are awarded a certificate that complies with the recommendations of the Health and Safety commission approved code of practice. It is recommended that this course is refreshed every 3 years.
We can offer courses on your company premises for a maximum of 4 delegates per Course.