Who should attend?
The course is suited to operatives who assist in the moving and loading/unloading of vehicles in their occupation.
Course Aims & Objectives
To provide an understanding of Regulations and current guidance related to the responsible persons for vehicle manoeuvring and reversing operations, including HASAWA, MHASAW, PUWER, The Workplace (HS & W) Regulations Safety Signs Regulations 136, and INDG148.
- Accidents – causes and prevention
- Acts and Regulations
- Understand the limitations of different vehicles available
- Understand correct procedures in manoeuvring vehicles
- Banks man responsibilities
- Safe systems of work
- Recognised signals
- Risk assessing the manoeuvre
- Planning the manoeuvre
- Practical applications of the course content
On completion of the course and successfully passing the required testing, the delegates are awarded a certificate that complies with the recommendations of the Health and Safety commission approved code of practice. It is recommended that this course is refreshed every 3 years.
We can offer courses on your company premises for a maximum of 6 delegates per course.