Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who is required to use a MEWP in their daily working duties.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to give delegates the skills required to safely operate a MEWP. It covers the Law and manual checks to ensure safety.
By the end of the course delegates will:
· Have a thorough understanding of how to successfully control and manoeuvre the vehicle
· Be able to inspect the vehicle to ensure safe use
· Understand all of the regulations required to ensure safety in the workplace
· Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
· Working at Heights Regulations 2005
· Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
· Features and Safety Equipment
· Vehicle Inspection
· Correct Use of Controls
· Operating the MEWP and Typical Hazards
· Selection and Use of Fall Protection Equipment
· Theory and Practical Testing
On completion of the course and successfully passing the theory and practical test, the delegates are awarded a certificate which complies with the recommendations of the Health and Safety commission approved code of practice. It is recommended that this course is refreshed every 3 years.
We can offer courses on your company premises for a maximum of 4 delegates.